Protect Your Packages With a Lockable Delivery Box
Package theft is a big issue in the Twin Cities and around the country, with 1.7 million packages stolen or lost every day in the U.S., adding up to more than $25 million in lost goods and services. As your local security specialists, we offer an affordable solution!
Protect your package deliveries with a highly durable, smart delivery box from Minneapolis Lock & Key. Along with concealing your packages from porch pirates, a delivery box means:
- Anytime Deliveries: Never miss a delivery attempt when you’re not home!
- Contactless Deliveries: Enjoy safe, contactless deliveries from any carrier.
- Package Updates: Get real-time notifications when packages are delivered.
- Weather Resistance: Protect packages from sun, rain, and snow.
With a Yale Smart Delivery Box, your packages will be safe while you’re busy or not home. When you’re ready to retrieve your items, easily unlock the box with the smart keypad, your phone, or even by asking Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri.
Contact Minneapolis Lock & Key today to order a lockable package box for your Twin Cities home!
How to Use a Yale Smart Delivery Box
The Yale Smart Delivery Box allows you to receive packages and other deliveries without worrying about them getting damaged or stolen. The box’s spacious interior accommodates most package sizes.
The Yale Smart Delivery Box is designed to be placed on your front porch or outside your home where your packages are typically delivered. The box can be tethered to your home or weighed down with sand to further deter theft.
To use smart delivery box services, simply download the Yale Access app, create an account, and use the in-app guide to complete setup.
How It Works
Your delivery box will remain unlocked until a package is received. After your delivery service drops a package inside the box and closes the lid, your smart box will lock automatically, securing your delivery until you arrive home.
If you’re expecting more than one package in a day, you can remotely unlock the box after the first package is delivered, or create a PIN code for the keypad, which you’d then share with carriers in the delivery instructions for your home.
Unlock the box using your phone, the keypad, or by asking a virtual assistant. The delivery box comes with the Yale Smart Keypad so you can unlock the box during phone-free moments and share codes with people you trust or delivery personnel. You can easily change or delete codes using the Yale Access app.
These delivery boxes are beautifully designed to blend seamlessly with your home. Choose from Brighton or Kent styles. Each box comes with a smart lock, Yale Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, and box base.
Yale Smart Delivery Box Features
- Wi-Fi Access: Use the Yale app to access your deliveries and control your smart delivery box from anywhere. After setting up the lock using your app, use the app to control the lock. Or use your box with a voice assistant like Siri, Google Assistant, or Alexa.
- Keypad: With the keypad, simply set up a PIN code to allow delivery people or friends and family to unlock your delivery box.
- Delivery Notifications: When your delivery is made, you’ll receive immediate notification.
- Insulation: Protect food and other perishable deliveries by adding the optional cooler bag. (Sold separately.)
- Automatic Lock: After delivery, the box will lock automatically.
- Battery Alert: Your battery should last around six months. Your app will alert you when the battery is low.
- Safety Features: To keep children and pets safe, the box is vented and includes a glowing release button inside and an exterior latch.
- Warranty: Comes with a manufacturer's warranty – one year electronics, lifetime on finish and mechanical.
Frequently Asked Questions